Who we are
Accelerated Education, with its own Tuition Centre and Publishing Company, traces its roots back to 1989.
- In that year, Stephen Curran began teaching children to prepare them for the 11 plus examination for state grammar school entry.
- Stephen developed his methodologies focusing on a traditional and logical step-by-step approach to teaching. The success achieved by his pupils lead to a substantial demand for his tutoring service and practices.
AE Tuition expanded rapidly and additional teachers and support staff were employed.
- AE Tuition’s tuition centre at Slough was opened in 2006
- Today over 1,400 pupils attend each year.
- A staff of up to 15 teachers and 120 supervisors and teaching assistants deliver our 11 Plus preparation courses .
- Between 80% - 86% of children who attend our 11 Plus preparation courses for a year or more achieve a pass score for a grammar school placement or independent school of their choice. Most of these children achieve Level 5 in SATs (some achieve level 6). We are proud of their success.
AE Tuition is passionate about education, beyond just preparing students for their 11+ exams. We work with children in the Primary and early Secondary school age groups, to help prepare them for:
- Consortium for Selective Schools in Essex (CSSE) exams
- Centre for Evaluations and Monitoring (CEM) exams
- National Foundation for Education and Research (NFER) - Granada Learning (GL Assessment) exams
- Northern Ireland Transfer Tests - Post Primary Transfer Consortium (PPTC) and Association for Quality Education (AQE) exams
For Tuition Enquiries
Tel: 020 8867 2727
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-1.30pm
We are pleased to announce that AE Tuition Ltd has purchased an additional new centre which opened September 2016.
AE Tuition Centre, Waterside Drive, Langley, SL3 6EZ
Telephone: 01753 257 201 (Tuition hours only).